Email sent successfully!
Thank you for sending a link to the adoption.state.gov page to the following email(s):
Notice: Updated information on U.S.-based Hague Accredited Adoption Service Providers authorized by Mexican Central Authority.
The Mexican Central Authority recently provided the U.S. Central Authority with official notification that, in February 2015, it granted authorization to provide adoption services in Mexico to one additional U.S. based Convention accredited adoption service providers. This action brings the total number of U.S. adoption service providers authorized in Mexico to thirteen:
- Carolina Adoption Services, Inc
- International Child Foundation
- Across the World Adoptions
- All God’s Children International
- Adoption Related Services, Inc.
- MLJ Adoptions, Inc.
- International Adoption Net (August 2013)
- The Open Door Adoption Agency (August 2013)
- The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago (August 2013)
- Hands Across the Water (August 2013)
- Children’s House International Adoptions (August 2013)
- CASI Foundation for Children (August 2013)
- Children's Home Society of Minnesota (February 2015)
It is essential that U.S. citizens wishing to adopt in Mexico work with an adoption service provider that has current U.S. Hague accreditation or approval and is currently authorized by the Mexican Central Authority. Because Mexico periodically updates its list of authorized providers, we encourage prospective adoptive parents to verify their adoption service provider’s authorization status with the Mexican Central Authority before initiating an adoption. The Mexican Central Authority publishes a list of adoption service providers authorized to provide adoption services in Mexico. In addition, our Mexico adoption information flyer includes contact information for the Mexican Central Authority along with information on the Mexican intercountry adoption process.
We publish updated information related to intercountry adoptions from Mexico as we receive it. If you have any further questions please write to us at adoptionUSCA@state.gov or call us at 1-888-407-4747.