Page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Household Member’s Documents Checklist
A separate Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member Form I-864A is required from each household member whose income and assets are to be considered part of household income.
Before mailing the I-864A to the NVC:
- Verify that you meet the definition of a household member and NOT the definition of a joint sponsor.
- Ensure that:
- All pages are stapled together in the correct order
- Each page is filled-out completely
- The form is signed
- Verify that you completed the household member’s information.
- Verify that the sponsor completed the sponsor’s information.
- Verify that evidence of current employment or self-employment such as a recent pay statement or a statement from your employer on
business stationery is attached. A letter from your employer must show the date you began employment, the type of work done,
and your income.
- IF you filed US taxes, you MUST submit a copy of the most recent federal income tax return with all supporting schedules and/or W-2s or an Internal
Revenue Service (IRS) transcript (even if you filed electronically). To request IRS-generated transcripts or copies of a tax return, visit the IRS website.
- The return must have all pages stapled together in the correct order
- If you did not have to file a tax return, attach a written explanation and a copy of the IRS publication showing that you
were not obliged to file.
For general information on income tax obligations, or to request IRS-generated transcripts or copies of a tax return visit
the IRS website..
- IF you are submitting assets to meet the minimum income requirement:
- Attach evidence of the cash value, ownership, location, and liens, mortgages and liabilities (if any) for each asset
- Attach evidence of total net cash value of the assets claimed which equals at least five times the difference between the
sponsor’s total household income and the poverty guideline for the sponsor’s household size
<< Previous Page