Page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joint Sponsor’s Documents Checklist (if applicable)Before mailing the I-864 to the NVC:
- Verify that you meet the definition of a joint sponsor and NOT the definition of a household member.
- Ensure that:
- All pages are stapled together in the correct order
- Each page is filled-out completely
- The form is signed
- Verify that the petitioner has submitted an I-864 or I-864EZ.
- Verify that family members (spouse and/or children) named on the petition who are either arriving with the principal applicant,
or will arrive within six months of the principal applicant's entry into the U.S., have been named on the petitioner's Form
I-864 IF you are sponsoring them.
- Verify that you have submitted proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status.
- Verify that evidence of current employment or self-employment such as a recent pay statement or a statement from your employer on
business stationery is attached. A letter from your employer must show the date you began employment, the type of work done,
and your income.
- IF you filed US taxes, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent federal income tax return with all supporting schedules and/or W-2s or an Internal
Revenue Service (IRS) transcript, even if the sponsor filed electronically.
- All pages of the tax return must be stapled together in the correct order
- If you did not have to file a tax return, attach a written explanation and a copy of the IRS publication showing that you
were not obliged to file.
For general information on income tax obligations, or to request IRS-generated transcripts or copies of a tax return visit
the IRS website.
- IF you are submitting assets to meet the minimum income requirement:
- Attach evidence of the cash value, ownership, location, and liens, mortgages and liabilities (if any) for each asset
- Attach evidence of total net cash value of the assets claimed which equals at least five times the difference between the
sponsor’s total household income and the poverty guideline for the sponsor’s household size
<< Previous Page | Next Page >>