Page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Affidavit of Support, Form I-864EZ, Checklist
Before mailing the I-864EZ to the NVC:
- Verify that you filed the petition.
- Verify that you are claiming only your own employment to meet the affidavit of support requirements.
- IF you are sponsoring the applicant's family members named on the same petition, you MUST complete a Form I-864.
- IF you filed US taxes, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent federal income tax return with all supporting schedules and/or W-2s, or an Internal
Revenue Service (IRS) transcript (even if you filed electronically). To request IRS-generated transcripts or copies of a tax return, visit the IRS website.
- The return must have all stapled together pages in the correct order
- If you were exempt from filing a tax return, attach a written explanation and a copy of the instructions from the IRS publication
showing the exemption. For information on income tax filing requirements, visit the IRS website.
- Ensure that:
- All pages are stapled together in the correct order
- Each page is filled-out completely
- The form is signed
- IF you claims assets to meet the minimum income requirement, you MUST complete a Form I-864.
<< Previous Page | Next Page >>