Page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Intending Immigrant’s Affidavit of Support Exemption, Form I-864W, Checklist
You must verify that an Affidavit of Support Form I-864 is not required according to the I-864W instructions. The Form I-864W
may be submitted ONLY IF any of the following apply to you, the visa applicant,
- Has, or can be credited with, 40 quarters of covered employment
- A signed statement from the person who earned the quarters must be attached to the I-864W.
- An earnings and benefits statement from the Social Security Administration (SSA) showing the number of qualifying quarters
earned by the applicant must be attached to the I-864W. To make a request to the SSA use Form SSA-7004-SM, or in the U.S.
call the SSA’s toll free number, 1-800-772-1213.
- Are a self-petitioning widow/widower
- Are the battered spouse of U.S. citizen or the child of battered spouse of a U.S. citizen
- Are a child meeting the requirements of the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 (CCA) to become a U.S. citizen immediately upon
entry under into the U.S.
<< Previous Page | Next Page >>