The Immigrant Visa Process
- After Your Petition is Approved
- Check Priority Date
- Begin National Visa Center (NVC) Processing
- Choose an Agent
- Pay Fees
- Collect and Submit Forms and Documents to the NVC
- Submit Visa Application Form
- Collect Financial Documents
- Collect Supporting Documents
- Submit Documents to the NVC
Affidavit of Support Instructions
Notice: New Form I-864
The National Visa Center (NVC), as well as U.S. Embassies and Consulates now require the 3/22/13 Form I-864. Applicants who submitted the 09/09/11, Form I-864 version prior to March 23, 2013 are not required to submit the new form version unless the U.S. Embassy or Consulate requires it.
Forms I-864, I-864EZ, I-864A, and I-864W
You should be viewing this page if:
- You are sponsoring an immigrant visa applicant and you are required to submit an Affidavit of Support; or
- You are a self-petitioning widow(er), battered spouse or child.
Follow the guidance in the chart below to determine the appropriate Affidavit of Support form for your situation. The Affidavit of Support forms must be downloaded from the USCIS website. Instructions for completing each form and the required supporting documents are provided.
THEN you need to…
|Any of the following is true:
Have the immigrant visa applicant complete an I-864W
All three of the following are true:
|Complete an I-864EZ|
If none of the above apply
In order to download forms, you must have a recent version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, please visit http://www.adobe.com/. There is no charge to download Adobe Reader.
Please note that you may receive a "file corrupted" error message if you are using an older version of Adobe Reader.
How to submit the Affidavit of Support to the NVC
How you should submit the Affidavit of Support and supporting financial documents to the NVC depends on which U.S. Embassy or Consulate will process your visa. Learn how to submit your Affidavit of Support to the NVC.