The information below contains helpful precautions to minimize the chance of becoming a victim of terrorism and also provides other safety tips for Americans traveling overseas.
Travel Alerts & Warnings
Alerts & Warnings
- Worldwide CautionOctober 10, 2014
- Somalia Travel WarningOctober 24, 2014
- Potential Implications for Travel Because of Ebola in Parts of West AfricaOctober 24, 2014
- Russian Federation Travel AlertOctober 23, 2014
- South Pacific Tropical Cyclone Season - 2014 - 2015October 10, 2014
Learn About Your Destination
Contact us in an emergency: Consular personnel at U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad and in the U.S. are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide emergency assistance to U.S. citizens. Visit the websites of U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad for contact information, or search by country name on our Country Information page. You may also contact the Office of Overseas Citizens Services in the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs for assistance with emergencies by calling 1-888-407-4747 (from the U.S. or Canada) or 202-501-4444 (from overseas).