If you have any questions regarding the passport process, application forms, fees, or where to apply, please contact us either by phone or by e-mail. If you have a travel emergency, please contact us by telephone only.
From the United States:
- 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)
Automated Passport Information is available: 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Speak with a representative: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., EST, excluding federal holidays.
Outside the United States: Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Our e-mail address is: NPIC@state.gov.
- Most e-mail inquiries are answered within 24 hours.
Please report travel emergencies by telephone only.
Contact Overseas Cizitens Services
- From within the U.S. and Canada: 1-888-407-4747
- From outside the U.S.: 1-202-501-4444
Additional Passport Services Resources
- Apply for a New Passport
- First Time Applicant
- Renew a Passport
- Get a Passport in a Hurry
- Locating a Regional Passport Agency
- Scheduling an Appointment at a Regional Passport Agency
- Check the Status of Your Passport Application Online
- Outside of the U.S.? Find the nearest by visiting: U.S. Embassy or Consulate