Contact Us and Provide Feedback
The National Passport Information Center is available to answer your questions regarding the passport application process, application forms, necessary documents, fees, where to apply, and more via phone and e-mail. If you have a travel emergency, please contact us by phone only.
From the United States:
- 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)
To speak to a customer service representative, please call between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays. Automated passport information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
From Outside the United States:
- Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Most e-mail inquiries are answered within 24 hours.
Life or Death Emergencies
- If you have a life or death travel emergency outside of normal business hours (after 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, weekends, and holidays), please call (202) 647-4000.
If you have a compliment or a complaint about Passport Services, we want to hear from you. You can provide feedback online, via phone, or in person:
2. Please call us at 1-855-865-7755. Call between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
3. Kiosks have been installed at all passport agencies and centers which ask customers to respond to the question, "How did we do today?" The kiosk contains four buttons with faces that represent response options for customers. Press the button that most accurately describes your experience at the passport agency or center. The Department partnered with the U.S. General Services Administration to launch this special Feedback USA customer service pilot at all passport agencies and centers with public counters.
4. To report technical problems regarding this website (travel.state.gov), please submit the form regarding Website Issues.